Sunday 6 January 2008

Respect Your Elders



Remember when all your mother had to do was look at you? Remember when you went to the mall on a half-day and Derrick McCains mom called everybodies parents and told? I used to be mortified of adults in my neighborhood especially when I was up to no good. My mom worked two jobs so I should have been good right? Hell no, those nosey snooping other parents were so quick to bust my bubble. I used to hate them but now all I can say is good-looking.

I specifically remember the one time I talked back to my mother and trust, It didnt end up good for me, I also remember like it was yesterday the one time I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. The purpose of this blog was because I was at my sons school the other day and the parent was cussing out the teacher in front of the student, im sure because Lil Mike-Mike was an asshole in class. You could look at his mother and tell exactley why he was what he was. When does respect start. I was always taught to repect old folks no matter what. I was taught that when grown folks are speaking you shut up and be still. Children are to be seen and not heard and all that. We need to get back to those days ASAP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I agree we do need to get those days back...I've been backhanded many a day for sucking my teeth at my mom's when I thought she wasnt listening

Anonymous said...

Great post bruh! Though I was never much into teeth suckin' or eye rollin', I tried talking back to my mom one day and my face was met with the hand of my 6'-3" father. Man, I didn't speak to my dad for about a week after that. LOL! It did tell me about respect though.

Also, just like you said, there are no more streets where children are raised by the other parents on the street. I couldn't stand most of them either, but when I go back to visit my parents, I stop in on those older sisters that looked out for us when our parents were out earning a living.

Marcus LANGFORD

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

Marcus - Its a good thing your were never into those two things, It probably saved you alot of back-slaps!!

batemen e - I feel your pain homie.