Sunday 9 October 2011


It’s all about love. Most people don’t even have a true definition of the word love, most people use it as a noun when. Love is action, love is a verb. I use to think I knew what love was until I had a kid. If my kid is hurt or in pain, I would easily give my life for him. When he was much younger and I would pick him up from daycare and he would run and jump into my arms and give me the biggest hug his little arms could muster, that was love being a verb. I can’t say that about most of the people who I have claimed to love. I thought I was in love with my HS sweetheart until I went to the roller-skating rink with Jeff and Greg on Friday night and met a cuter flyer version of Sherry. I thought I was in love with my non-giving it up college freshman sweetheart until I met Ms Sophomore with a car and a spot of campus. Most of what I though was love was just in the meantime. I mean don’t get me wrong I have had girlfriends who I have had a total affection for and would do all most anything but I’m not so convinced that equals love. To love someone is to see them totally happy even if it isn’t with you. To love someone is to love yourself. How am I going to love someone else if I don’t love myself? Love is growth. Love is understanding. When you truly love someone you have to be willing to compromise, you have to able to be forgiving. Love is as love does, when we are loving we are strong, committed, caring , respectful and trusting. Most people are scared of love because love involves risks, fear of the unknown or even worse fear of the know . Fear of that one bad relationship. I will go as far as too say there is no such thing as a bad relationship. Yep I said it, every relationship is a complete learning experience not a bad one but a learning one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog, I think you are is creative, if you have a spare time look at me too at christian online dating sites I am happy to share with you and hope to become your friends