Monday 10 December 2007

I was gone for a minute but now Im back with the Jump Off !!

Whats going on peops. Havent been on in a minute with work and all. Instead of being the moocher I decided to hook up the dinner this year for the fam. How hard could it be to slap a turkey in the oven and have a few sides for the fam right? Well, I had no friggin idea what I was getting myself into. Had to clean the crib, buy all the food and then cook it. I have vegetarian cousins, I have family members who dont like family members. I have old and not so old family members who still consider me to be the little scootermonk from like 25 years ago. I have family members who drink like we are still in prohabition.(sp) I have family members who have ex's that other family members dont like but dont get the hint and still come through anyway. My family is brutal when it comes to cracking jokes and if you show one sign of sensitivity about anything then its on and popping. They thrive on signs of weakness and pounce like that tiger in San Fransico. (my bad that was mean)All that to say when your the host you have to carefully orchestrate the whole shing-ding. I have much more respect for my aunts and uncles who pulled it off without a hitch all those years before. In the end all was well. We even ended up doing all the line dances known to man and I think everbody had a goodtime. I wont find out until next year how good I did. The plus is after all was said and done I have lefover food for a year and enough liquor for whoevers New Years party get graced with my presence. Good looking to my little sister for the collard greens and Ma- Dukes for the rolls.

P.S. I situated my computer at work for optimal privavcy so im back in EFFECT (in your best Rakim voice) Peace to my girl Shae-Shae.

No comments: