Monday 3 December 2007

Knee-Gro Pahleese!!

1. boughie
a stuck up person who thinks they're better than others

I dont know what's wit Laquesha. ever since she got a new boyfriend, she started actin all boughie.

2. boughie

High Class; acting rich or used to the finer things life has to offer

That hoe needs to stop actin boughie everybody knows she frontin.

Abbreviation for boughetto; derived from the terms bourgeois and ghetto: middle class ghetto

Darrell keeps his Ipod in a Crown Royal Bag; he is boughie as hell.

adjective
boughie

Boughie comes from the word bourgeois. Bourgeois is "Preoccupied with respectability and material values" according to Webster's College II dictionary. The term refers to a social group in Marxist theory opposed to the proletariat (the poor common people) in the class struggle. A boughie person acts as if they are a part of the ruling class, rich, even if they aren't. In other words: stuck up, too good for something, materialistic. Well you can stop acting boughie, asking for sushi

This word is so funny and most of the people who Ive asked for the definition say black people who forget where they came from or black people who think they are better then other people. KNEE-GRO PAHLEESE - My mom is boughie because she wouldnt let me play over at Spiceberry apartments with my school friends. Was she looking down on them or maybe looking out for her sons safety? ( Any kid knows you have more fun plying in the Jects) Maybe I am boughie because I used to hang on the corner and drink 40's with my boys Tone, TJ Aub and Ro-Ro, but now I chill in the living room and drink Carona's by the caseload while watching SVU or smackin up my son and anybody else in Wii bowling. My father called me boughie because I passed on some fried chicken. Well dad, remember when the Dr. said no more fried foods after you had that heart-attack. Remember that? It would seem that this word has no true definition but more a perception of what you or someone else thinks of you.

4 comments:

HeyShae! said...

ScooterMonk am I boughie for eating neck bones with a knife and a fork? ;o)

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

you would only be boughie if you tucked your napkin under your chim and used one of the small shrimp forks!

HeyShae! said...

LMAO! Dang, I'm not THAT bad.

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

so that makes you a non-boughie neck-bone eating person!!