Friday 30 November 2007

Ive Never Seen A Man Cry Until Ive Seen A Man Die





The funny thing about blogging is that it consumes your whole 8 hour work day. I have so much to do when I get off work, when does my friggin boss expect me to blog?

I was hurt by this news on several levels.(these levels arent in any particular order) One being the fact that I am a avid redskins fan and he was a hard-hitting MO-FO. Second is the fact that he leaves behind a new family. Thirdly is the fact that this is another blackman lost to nonsence. I myself being a blackman have lost several friends and relatives to nonsence. I hate to admit it but I automatically assumed this was another case of black on black crime. They dont have any witnesses or clues for that matter so why would I think such a thing? Have I been systematically programmed by..."The Man" Ive been in a daze for the last few couple of days thinking to much. Ive been enjoying reading other blogs. You guys keep me on point. Its Friday night and im on my way to an old head party to re-invigorate my soul. Ill finish this later its almost 5 O'clock.

202AM - Back from the old head party. It did the trick in getting me back to my regular self. I love to listen to older folks, they have alot of knowledge, I was told Im to young to have such deep thoughts, I need to take a deep breath and let some of the weight of the world off my shoulders and sip my Remy a tad bit slower to appreciate the taste. Life is way to short. Tipsy old folks have tons of advice. They knew off the break the killers were black. I attempted to throw the "your generalizing" curveball which they immediatley knock out of the park. I think the general consensus was that I need to live and learn a little more. As they cracked jokes and reminisced about how they used to be just like me, I stubbornly told them that times have changed and its not how it used to be WAY back in the day. I was sent to the store for ice and cigerettes. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

P.S. Not one but two lazy eyes?

4 comments:

Mz.Bria2U said...

Scooter, you're not kidding! If I could blog at work...i'd be out of a job. blogging is addictive (at least it is in my case) I'm goin out of town this week...and please believe I will have my laptop with me, ok??

cool post!
ivbb

HeyShae! said...

Man let me tell you how I work, blog, work, blog ... with my screen minimized. Sometimes I just use Word and type up what I want to blog about and email it to myself to add to the blog later. Thank God I can type like lightening so I can still get the job done.

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

iventbyblogging - hope the trip was cool. At work...I always feel like sombody's watching me!!

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

shae-shae - I like to add some pictures or something to my blog and that takes so much time to find the right one!!!