Friday 2 November 2007

Im so Hood!!





Quick Friday afternoon blog....

I got accused of talking "White" by one of my boys last night. At first I brushed him off like "whatever dude", then I asked him what exactly is "talking white?" Does he mean because I speak correctly? Does he mean because I know how to put my words together or because I dont use the word "be" every chance I get? I remember how my mother, father, aunt, uncle, grandmother and grandfather use to correct me all the time. I can talk slang with the best of them but even then I speak it correctly. My boy said he speaks correctly at work but on the weekends and when he's hanging with the "fellas" he can relax and speak however he feels? Call me crazy but when your home on the weekend (with the kids) isnt this is the time you should really be on your correct speaking game.

OK - so ima bout to hit up the brew spot then bounce to the cribo. Ill holla atchoo cats latah. peace Dawgs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whadup, yo? Diz b yo boi Trew Life!

I understand what you're saying. He should have realized that proper diction and English speaking etiquette is how you choose to speak when you are away from work. That doesn't make you white. It makes you a BLACK MAN WITH AN EDUCATION! The exact thing black folk be needin' to survive in this place we call the U.S. of motherfuckin' A.

- Ask Trew Life

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

Trew life -Word you feel me, this blog has raged out of control but unfortunatley my corny friends dont respond to the blog, they do it by e-mail? such losers

The All Seeing Eye said...

Keep living the way you are. Don't let anyone knucklehead pull you down.

The All Seeing Eye said...

Keep living the way you are. Don't let anyone knucklehead pull you down.