Saturday 17 November 2007

Ghost RA and Scootermonk!!






Tonight is the night like Betty White. Im on my way to see RAKIM! I did all my chores, everything wifey asked for, It was no problem, I painted the kitchen, I cleaned my closet (no pun intended) I raked the leaves, took shorty to get a haircut washed the dishes, vacuumed, dusted, cooked dinner went to the mall for 6 friigin hours....no sweat. My boy Roy is on his way over to pre-game. I got a case of Yuengling's and some Remy. You gotta get your head right,right? Ive been waiting for this moment for a while. Ive never seen Rakim live. Rakim of Eric B. and Rakim. I think I know ever lyric this dude ever wrote. Ive been waiting for this moment for years. My #1 and #2 are KRS and The R. Ive seen KRS several times. Ive seen EPMD, Ive seen Tribe and Dela. I remember exactly where I was when I heard both Biggie and Tu-Pac were killed. Im a hip-hop head and can debate with the best of them even though I grew up in the Burg. The tickets are 35 beans. The crew was like that a tad bit step!! I was like thats it? to see one of the ledgends. One of the pioneers who paved the way for 125 dollar Jigga? HEY Abdul - can I get a Rakim song on your show. OK im Audi 5000 G's. Ill hit you back and tell how great the show was

Rakim was a no-show, After Ghostface gave up a great show, The club Sonar hit us with the old "Rakim is stuck in traffic on 95 but will be here in 20 minutes" trick. Well 45 minutes and 5 brews later we got hit with the enevitable news that The R will not be making it but if we all come back on Dec.28th he will give us a special show. I guess I can wait. I still stay true to hip-hop. There have been a few rough spots but through-out our relationship, the good out weighs the bad. Sometimes when Hip-Hop is pissing me off I remineise, check out this Blog from Shae-Shae

5 comments:

HeyShae! said...

Daaamn! I'm jealous!! :(
I've seen the "R-rah" perform live once waaaaay back when we were rockin' dookey chains & phat laces. I need a good old skool hip hop show to roll through my area. Oh the memories... ;o)

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

Shae-Shae - Rakim didnt show, they gave us comp. tickets for Dec.28. You know I was hurt. Ghost gave up a good show and so did Brother Ali. Ill wait until Dec.28th

HeyShae! said...

Aww what the ___?? Ra knows better than that. :(

THEYCALLMESCOOTERMONK said...

funny - they hit us with the old "Rakim is stuck in traffic on 95" trick, he will be here is 20 mins. Well 45 minutes and 5 beers later...no Rakim! Oh well , the beer was cold.

HeyShae! said...

LOL That's messed up. It makes you wonder if he was ever even on the bill or if they used his name for publicity. They did that to me back in the day when I went to see KRS & Scott LaRock. It really sucked because that would have been the first and last time I saw them as a group but they played us and then Scott died. Such a shame...