Monday 22 October 2007

Lucky Dube - Back To My Roots (Live)



I got a call from the wifey this morning about Lucky Dube's death. I went on-line and realized that he was way more than just a reggae artist. He was the African Ambassador. A pioneer whose unique sound and righteousness won fans worldwide. Similar to one of my favorites, the late great, Peter Tosh, he was a victim of senseless violence that takes the lives of my brothers on a daily basis. This true DREAD will be missed. "LUCKY today, LUCKY tomorrow, LUCKY FOREVER!" JAH BLESS, his widow, children and fans. In a sign of solidarity and sadness, all are encouraged to light a candle and participate in a moment of silence on Wednesday, October 24th, in remembrance of Lucky Dube, (1964 - 2007). My boy Abdul dedicated his on-line radio show to Lucky, check it out.

http://mightyminnow.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/new-radio-show-october-22-2007/

No comments: